Artwork

A few months ago I decided that I wanted to get back into art, it has been a very long time since I have done more than doodle. With my amazing Mom's unknowing help I purchased myself a Lenova Yoga 14 Thinkpad and a year sub on Sketchbook Pro. I can say with all honesty that I am hooked and can't stop. I am spending at least an hour a day drawing. Here are some of the things I have done recently.

Please note some of these are not finished and I am also just learning the tools. most of all I am just having fun.


I love cities, buildings and everything related to it so naturally I like to draw buildings.

The trees are blooming around our house and I know my lovely wife loves them so I tried to do more of a painting.

I saw a tutorial on drawing "thumbnail" sketches for rough concepts. The first ship is a duplicate of one of the ships drawn on the tutorial and the second is one I came up with.

I have been working on making several drawings of Scripture Heroes. I have Captain Moroni done using Inkscape (first image) and the second was just seeing how easy it would be to do with Sketchbook Pro.



While drawing cities I needed to ad cars so all of a sudden I found myself drawing a bunch of cars. I have a lot of work to do with chrome.


I have a neighbor who is an AMAZING artist. I am pretty sure he could draw anything. Well he is a big part of the inspiration behind me starting up art again. I have been learning the tools and practicing using some of the stuff he has been posting. The next three images are originally his. The first two you can see side by sides then the last one I forgot to add his version. Here is a link to his site http://www.moonsidemedia.com/.




Comments